FASD Online Resources

For Parents

  • Utah Resources

    • 211 Information and Referral Center - Find local community services online or dial 211 to talk to an operator.
    • Allies With Families - Empowering families with voice, access and ownership. They offer real life experience, practical resources and training for parents as advocates. For more information, call 801-433-2595 or toll-free 877-477-0764.
    • Baby Your Baby - Find financial help during pregnancy and information to help you have a healthy pregnancy.
    • Children with Special Health Care Needs - Clinics with screening and diagnostic services for children with developmental delays and chronic conditions.
    • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Disability Resources - Information about disabilities, information for families, accessible materials, and more for families with children with disabilities.
    • Davis Family Advocate Program - Provides case management, outreach, and referrals. Call 801-776-0054 or after hours 801-773-7060.
    • Disability Law Center - Helps to enforce and strengthen laws that protect the opportunities, choices and legal rights of people with disabilities in Utah. For more information, call 801-363-1347 or toll-free 800-662-9080.
    • Division of Services for People with Disability (DSPD) - Promote opportunities and provide support for persons with disabilities to lead self-determined lives. Support includes community living, day services, supported employment services, and support for people with disabilities and their families.
    • Family to Family Network - A grassroots volunteer group composed of family members across Utah who have a relative with a disability. Their mission is to educate, strengthen and support families of persons with disabilities. For more information, call 801-272-1051 or toll-free 800-468-1160.
    • F.I.R.S.T. Prenatal Support Program - For information, call 801-565-6972.
    • Help Me Grow Utah - Free information line for parents to help them find community resoruces and learn about health development for young children. Free developmental screenings are provided. More information is provided on the Help Me Grow Blog and at the Help Me Grow National Center.
    • House of Hope - Formerly the Utah Alcoholism Foundation, this organization provides treatment and other services for women, children, and families including parenting skills education, individualized treatment, vocational training, and more.
    • NAMI Utah - The National Alliance on Mental Illness, Utah Chapter’s mission is to ensure the dignity and improve the lives of those who live with mental illness and their families through support, education and advocacy. For more information, call 801-323-9900.
    • Parents Empowered - This media and education campaign works to prevent underage drinking in Utah by providing parents with infomation. The Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control partners with state agencies and many other groups including local substance abuse and mental health providers.
    • Pregnancy Risk Line / MotherToBaby UT - This free, private, and easy-to-use information service answers questions about medicines, drugs, chemicals, and other environmental exposures, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, that can potentially harm an embryo, fetus, or infant.
    • Supportive Education For Children of Addicted Parents (SECAP) - Brochure with information about a free program from Weber Human Services with sessions for youth, teens, and adults.
    • Treatment Providers - The Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (DSAMH) in Utah has a locator map to help families find a local treatment provider.
    • Utah Family Voices - Provides support for families of children with disabilities and is run by parents of special needs children. Support services includes fact sheets, support groups, training, care notebooks, conferences, listserv, and more. For more information, call 801-584-8236.
    • Utah Newborn Safe Haven - Provides information about the Utah law that allows the safe relinquishment of newborns by the mother to a 24 hour hospital. Also has a hotline telephone number for questions and list of local hospitals.
    • Utah Parent Center - Resources for parents of children with disabilities in Utah including the FASD e-Journal, resoruces for working with schools, and more.
    • Utah's Transition Action Guide.
    • Utah's Transition Action Guide - Roles, expectations, and responsibilities for transition (from school to adulthood) team members and agencies including information about requriements under Utah's special education law.
    • Vocational Rehabilitation - Assists eligible individuals in obtaining employment and increasing their independence.
    • Weber/Morgan County Substance Abuse Treatment - For information, call Weber Human Services at 801-778-6811 or 801-625-3700.
    • Work Ability Utah - Creates a comprehensive, consumer-responsive system of work supports that increases employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities in Utah.
    • Wright's Law - Provides information about special education law, education law, and advocacy for children with disabilities.
  • Resources in Other States and Commercial Websites

    • Best Drug Rehabilitation - A Michigan treatment center for substance abuse. The website includes information about forms of addiction, treatment methods, intervention, and other resoruces.
    • Drug Rehab Guide - Provided by the Hills Treatment Center, a private organization, the guide has information about common concerns and questions for drug treatment.
    • Stepping Stone Center for Recovery - A Florida treatment center for substance abuse. The website includes information about FAS, drug and alcohol rehabilitation; dual diagnosis treatment; and other resoruces.
    • Treatment4Addictions.com - A website with links to treatment centers, drug information, treatment information, articles, blogs, and more. See the articles on the teen brain and adventure therapy.
  • National Resources

For Professionals

Useful Tools

Articles and Books

Other Resources